1860s Highgate Park built and the area landscaped. This was the residence of James Gregson of Gregson and Monk, Engineers. James Gregson was a descendant of Josias Gregson,
Guild Mayor of Preston in 1702.
1960s Highgate Park demolished to make way for the houses in Foregate and the closes.
1990 Environment Agency build the dam and sluice, making Highgate Wood a flood basin.
First boardwalk built. Thirty years of Nature going its own way.
2011 Friends of Highgate Wood formed